In RepairDesk, a Special Part is any item that your business rarely engages with. This could be any item, whether you stock it or not, but you need to serve the customer whenever they come in. With RepairDesk's Special Part feature you can easily create repair tickets that need re-ordering (or temporary stocking of) the Special Parts.
Here's a detailed article explaining what is a Special Parts Order
So, if your repair service needs re-ordering a part, then you can achieve that in the following ways:
- Creating a Special Part Order of a Non-catalogued Part
- Creating a Special Part Order of an Out-of-Stock Part
- While creating a ticket, you see a part that is out of stock. Proceed to create a ticket.
- After confirming the pre-repair checklist and entering the relevant information, you can proceed to the checkout.
[optional]Here you can take a deposit from the customer for ordering the special part in advance.
Once the ticket open, under the Ticket Items, you can see the out of stock parts.
- Click on the Part Order under the On Hand column.
A confirmation message will be displayed.
- Click "Click here to proceed".
The Purchase Order screen will be displayed.
The specific ticket during which the order was generated is also mentioned here.
You can update the quantity to order and checkout with your integrated supplier.
After the Purchase Order is created and the part arrives, you will have to create a GRN (Goods Received Note) to record the receiving, which will automatically update the stock level of the part. This will also notify the customer that the relevant part for their repair has arrived.