Those days are gone when you had to waste your time on creating and sending a Purchase Order. RepairDesk allows you to create a Purchase Order (PO) and send it to your supplier making the process quite efficient and saving you a lot of effort. You can view the Total Value of Purchase Orders created and also, the amount you owe to suppliers through the Amount Payable.
"Create a Purchase Order", "Add Items", "Select the Supplier", "Add Notes" and "Shipping Details" and "Send" it to your chosen supplier with just a click. You can "Monitor" the status of your Purchase Order too.
In 6 simple steps, we will show you how to create a Purchase Order (PO).
1. Go to Inventory >> Purchase Order.
2. Click on the Add Purchase Order
3. You can create a purchase order
for accessories and parts here.
Select Supplier, Shipping Details, Destination, and Status of the Purchase Order
along with Order Date and Delivery Date
Purchase Order ID will be generated automatically by the system and is editable while the purchase order is being created.
- Supplier - vendor, whom you are sending the Purchase Order.
- Ship To - address where the ordered parts would be shipped.
- Order Date - the date of Purchase Order creation.
- Delivery Date - the due date by which items should be delivered.
- Shipping Via - mode of transporting goods.
- Tracking Number - tracking ID of the shipment to track its status.
- Purchase Order Status - the status of the Purchase Order; pending, received, in progress or any other.
- Notes - add any note against the created Purchase Order.
4. Select Items from inventory by name or the SKU, Select Quantity and click on Add Row to include the item in the Purchase Order. To remove an item click on the Remove icon under the Actions column against the relative Purchase Order.
5. Click on Add Product button to add another item to the Purchase Order.
6. Finally, click on Save to create the Purchase Order.
View on-hand Stock pop-up:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to Receive Inventory?
A. To receive inventory via Purchase Order, simply perform these steps:
1. Go to Inventory.
2. Head to Purchase Orders.
3. Change Purchase Order Status to "Received" for the Purchase Order against which you are receiving the inventory.
4. Once you change the status, a pop-up will open asking if you would like to Create a Goods Receiving Note (GRN) against the received inventory.
5. Click on Confirm to create the GRN.
6. Update Received Quantity in the GRN and click on Save.
7. A pop-up will come up your screen to Print Barcode against your Purchase Order.
8. Once GRN is created, you can view the corresponding Purchase Order by clicking on View Purchase Order.
9. You can now view the updated Purchase Order with the received quantities mentioned in it.
Q. How to email Purchase Order to the supplier?
1. Open a Purchase Order.
2. Click on Action.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on the Email Supplier.
4. Write notes, enter email address and send an email with the Purchase Order as an attachment.
Note: It is not necessary to open each Purchase Order to send an email. It can be done via Action against the Purchase Orders on Purchase Order Listing Page. Simply click on the Action button against a Purchase Order and click on Send.
A pop-up will open to fill in the details and add "notes" as shown:
Q. How can I stop employees from changing prices in Purchase Order?
Q. How can I hide the supplier's information from the employees?
A. For hiding supplier information from employees, first, go to Employee Roles & Permissions. Then under Purchase Order, disable the trigger 'show supplier information.'
Q. How can I hide the price on PDF of Purchase Order?
A. Sometimes you don't want the supplier to view price and only want it to view the quantity. For this, we have provided a trigger that allows you to hide price when you export Purchase Order to PDF or send Purchase Order as PDF to the supplier.
To hide price in a Purchase Order,
1. Head to Settings.
2. Go to Module Configuration.
3. Click on Purchase Order.
4. Enable the trigger 'Hide Price on PDF'.
5. Hit Save Changes.
Q. How can I add payment against a Purchase Order?
A. Click on the Action button against the invoice and select Add a Payment.
A pop-up window will open in which you can enter Amount, Payment Method, Payment Date, and Notes. Finally, click on Add to add payment against the Purchase Order.
Note: You can also Add Payment by opening a Purchase Order and selecting the option of Add a Payment via Action button.
Q. How can a Purchase Order be created using Low Stock Report?
A. You can select a supplier and then press confirm, after confirming if the supplier has a pending purchase order then the option to "add purchase order" will appear and the user can select the Purchase Order in which item has to be added.
In order to view the "Low Stock Report" functionality, click here.
Q. Can I set a default tax for a Purchase Order?
A. Yes, you can set a default tax for the Purchase Order.
It can be done by following the steps given below:
Settings => Module Configuration => Purchase Order
Set Default Tax for Purchase Order. All the tax classes will be populated which are already created in the system.
Q. Is there any way to include tax in the cost price of an item while creating a Purchase Order?
A. By default, the system only gets the retail price of the item received via purchase order, but you can add tax in the cost price of an item by enabling a trigger from settings.
You can access it through:
Settings =>Module Configuration =>Purchase Order
Once this trigger is enabled, the cost price will include tax in it.
Q. How can I add a "Custom Status" to Purchase Order?
A. You can add a "Custom Status" to the Purchase Order by following these simple steps:
Store Settings =>Order Status=>Purchase Order Status
After clicking on the "+ Status" button, this screen will open:
Fill in the required details, click on save and a new customized status will be created.