The Star TSP 100 printer is our recommended thermal printer for use with the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app, providing users with a hassle-free printing experience. With this printer, you can:
- Print 25 receipts per minute
- Easily load paper by dropping the roll in & start printing
- Print in 2 colors
The Star TSP 100 thermal printer comes with:
- Internal Power Supply
A. Setting up the Printer
To enable the printer to work with the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app, you have to first connect the printer with the app by following the steps below:
1. Open the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app and enter your Login Details. Please make sure that the printer is turned on and you have a strong internet connection before moving to the steps ahead.
Turning On The Printer
To turn on the printer, switch the power button to OFF, and hold down the FEED button. While continuing to hold the FEED button, turn the printer back on.
Once a receipt begins to print, release the FEED button. A second receipt containing the printer's IP address will automatically print. Compare the IP address from second receipt with your device's IP address. The first 3 groups of numbers in each IP must match. If they do not, it means the iOS device is connected to the wrong network.
2. Head to Settings from the sidebar menu as shown below.
3. Follow the steps in the image below to establish a connection with the printer.
4. Once you click on Select Printer Type, you will be directed to the following screen where you can tap on the printer image to select your printer.
5. You will be redirected to the hardware settings screen from where you have to select Star TSP Printer Settings as shown below.
6. Once you tap on the printer settings, the following screen will be displayed. Click on the Refresh button on the top-right corner of the screen to get the list of available printers.
Note: To perform this step successfully you must make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
7. Select the option for Search LAN and it will start searching for available LAN printers.
Note: If you want to manually configure the printer with the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app, select the Manual option to edit the IP address and establish a connection with your printer.
8. Select Star TSP from the list of available printers by simply tapping on it. You will receive a confirmation screen to ensure that you're establishing a connection with the right printer.
9. Select Yes to successfully connect your printer with the RepairDesk iPad POS register app. You will then see it listed in the Available Printers list.
Note: You can get a test print by using the Test Print button.
B. How to Print Receipts?
1. Create a ticket from the RepairDesk iPad POS Register by following the procedure explained here.
2. Once the ticket has been created, you'll be able to see the Order Confirmation screen. Select Print Thermal Receipt from this screen, which will take you to a print preview of the receipt as shown below. Click on the Print Invoice button to print the receipt.
The Printing In Progress screen will be displayed once the ticket has been successfully sent for printing.
C. How to setup Automatic Printing?
1. If you want to automatically print thermal receipts upon creating a ticket, you can configure the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app to do so from the Printer Settings page by turning on the Automatically Print Receipt feature.
2. When this trigger is turned on, you will not have to tap on the Print Thermal Receipt button when you create a ticket from the POS screen. Your system will automatically start printing it for you, and the following message will be displayed at top of the screen.
Q. Can I print already existing invoices, tickets and estimates using the Star TSP Printer?
A. Yes, you can print existing tickets, invoices and estimates using this printer. All you need to do is configure and connect the printer through a LAN connection as shown above.
To Print Invoices
1. Head to the View Invoices screen from the main POS screen.
2. Use the list on the left to select the invoice you want to print, and tap the Print Invoice button to print the invoice.
To Print Estimates
1. Tap on the View Estimates button at the bottom of the POS screen.
2. Scroll through the list and slide left on the Estimate you want to print, and tap the Print button to print your desired Estimate.
To Print Tickets
1. To print tickets, click on the View Tickets button at the bottom of the POS screen.
2. Scroll through the list on the left to select the ticket you want, and tap the Print button as shown below to print your desired ticket.
Q. Can I use this printer to print other receipts?
A. No, this printer can only be used to print thermal receipts.
Q. Can I follow this process for other printers as well?
A. Yes, a similar process can be followed for setting up your EPSON Printer as well. Please follow the link here to know how the EPSON Printer works with the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app.
Q. Does this printer works with an RJ-45 cash drawer?
A. Yes, the Star TSP Printer works perfectly with an RJ-45 cash drawer through the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app.
Q. Is there any other printer that we can use to print receipts from the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app?
A. Yes, you can use the Google Cloud Print and PrintNode services for printing through the RepairDesk iPad POS Register app.
Q. Is it possible to use the Star TSP Printer through a Bluetooth connection?
For more details please follow the link here.