Importing inventory has never been this easy! With RepairDesk you can easily import your inventory items and repair services. All you need is a list of items which you want to import in the (.xls or .xlsx) format. This saves you valuable time by adding items to your inventory at once, instead of adding them one by one.
you can individually add inventory in RepairDesk, however, it can be an extremely
daunting task if you list is in hundreds
To help you out, we've added a feature which will allow you to import all of your inventory directly into RepairDesk in a few simple steps.
This will enable you to:
1. Add multiple Inventory simultaneously
2. Import Inventory simply by uploading an excel file (.xls or .xlsx format)
3. Select records you do not want to be added to the database
4. Enter missing details or update records just before importing
5. Rollback changes at the last moment
Curious on getting started? Let's go!
Inventory Import via Excel File
1. Go to Manage Inventory under the Inventory tab.
2. Click on the Import inventory button and select the Import option from the menu.
3. You can also download a sample file in .xls or .xlsx format so that you can upload your customer records in the correct format.
Note: It is highly recommended that you download a sample file so that you can map data accordingly. The column headings in the file should be the same as in the sample file.
Note: Once you have downloaded the sample file you can enter your own records into the various fields. Please keep in mind that RepairDesk would need column headings to match data, therefore do not change these column headings.
Once all changes are made, please save the file so that you can upload it later.
(See Attached Screenshot)
4. Once your file is ready for upload, click on Choose File button and select the customer list file you want to import from your system.
5. Once selected, click on Upload & Next button to proceed further.
6. On the Mapping screen, please confirm that the column headings in your imported file match the respective fields. You will see a tick mark against the column heading if the mapping is correct, otherwise, you will see a cross mark, indicating that you need to correct this in your file.
Once confirmed, click on Next to proceed.
7. On the Format Overview screen, you can see whether the format or mapping is right or not. Click on Next button after confirming.
is a trigger through which we can check uniqueness of an SKU. The trigger can be
enabled or disabled from
Goto=>Settings=>module configuration =>Inventory
If this trigger is checked then the system won’t allow entering items with duplicate SKUs and Item without SKU. So if the triggers are enabled, then it is mandatory to add SKU in Sheet and that must be unique across Items. If the SKU is not unique or not entered against the item, it will appear red during the third step of upload process.
After all changes have been made, you will be taken to the last screen: Confirm
or Roll Back. Click on Confirm if you're sure that all data is
correct and to start the import. If you're not sure or want to revert back all
changes, click on Roll Back button. This will cancel all changes and
will take you back to the first screen. You will also be notified how much
items are new and how much is updated.
And, that's it! As you can see, instead of adding multiple Inventory one-by-one you can bulk import them in five simple steps?
If inventory items are more than 500 then after confirming this window will open, and it will show the uploading progress.
Note: You can add Yes or No rather than 1 or 0 in case of Show on Widget, Show on POS, Tax inclusive.
Import Manufacturers and Devices in RepairDesk
2. You can either download a template excel file or choose an excel file from your system.
Click on Upload & Next.
3. On the mapping screen, please confirm the column headings. Click on Next to proceed further.
4. The format overview will be shown in the next screen.
5. In the final step, click on Confirm to import the data.
6. You will be shown a success message after importing the file.
Note: To import the Devices, you will have to follow the same steps.