you can individually add inventory in RepairDesk, however it can be an extremely
daunting task if you list is in hundreds
To facilitate you, we've added a new functionality which will allow you to import all of your inventory directly into RepairDesk in a few simple steps.
This will enable you to:
1. Add multiple Inventory simultaneously
2. Import Inventory simply by uploading an excel file (.xls or .xlsx format)
3. Select records you do not want to be added to database
4. Enter missing details or update records just before importing
5. Roll back changes at the last moment
Curious on getting started? Let's go!
Inventory Import via Excel File
1. Go to Manage Inventory under Inventory tab.
2. Click on the Import inventory button and select the Import option from the menu.
3. You can also download a sample file in .xls or .xlsx format so that you can upload your customer records in the correct format.
Note: It is highly recommended that you download a sample file so that you can map data accordingly. The column heading in the file should be the as that in the sample file.
Note: Once you have downloaded the sample file you can enter your own records into the various fields. Please keep in mind that RepairDesk would need column headings to match data, therfore do not change these column headings.
Once all changes are made, please save the file so that you can upload it later.
(See Attached Screenshot)
4. Once your file is ready for upload, click on Choose File button and select the customer list file you want to import from your system.
5. Once selected, click on Upload & Next button to proceed further.
6. On the Mapping screen, please confirm that the column headings in your imported file match the respective fields. You will see a tick mark against the column heading if the mapping is correct, otherwise you will see a cross mark, indicating that you need to correct this in your file.
Once confirmed, click on Next to proceed.
7. On the Format Overview screen, you can see whether the format or mapping is right or not. Click on Next button after confirming.
is a trigger through which we can check uniqueness of SKU. Trigger can be
enabled or disabled from
Goto=>Settings=>module configuration =>Inventory
this trigger is checked then system won’t allow to enter item with duplicate SKU and Item without SKU. So if the triggers is enabled then its mandatory to
add SKU in Sheet and that must be unique across Items
if SKU is not unique or not entered against item , it will appear red at third step of upload process.
after all changes have been made you will be taken to the last screen: Confirm
or Roll Back. Click on Confirm if you're sure that all data is
correct and to start import. If you're not sure or want to revert back all
changes, click on Roll Back button. This will cancel all changes and
will take you back to the first screen. You will also be notified how much
items are new and how much are updated.
And, that's it! As you can see, instead of adding multiple Inventory one-by-one you can bulk import them in five simple steps?
If inventory items are more than 500 then after confirming this window will open, and it will show the uploading progress.
Note: You can add yes or No rather than 1 or 0 in case of show on widget, show on pos, tax inclusive.