RepairDesk integrates with QuickBooks accounting to provide repair centers with a great way to keep track of their invoicing and accounting.
- Automatically sync your RepairDesk invoices with QuickBooks
- Link your inventory and payments with QuickBooks to stay updated 24/7
- Create invoices, store data on cloud and sync with devices in a matter of clicks
- Steer your repair business in the right direction by accounting for all financial transactions
- Keep track of your invoices and transactions to effectively manage your invoices.
Setting Up QuickBooks Integration
1. Log in to RepairDesk, then go to your menu and head to Integrations. Under the Accounting tab, select QuickBooks.
2. Click on the Connect button to initiate configuration between RepairDesk and your QuickBooks account.
3. On the Sign In screen, enter your login details for your QuickBooks account and click on Sign In button.
Note: This integration works with the cloud version of QuickBooks and not with the desktop version.
Please select the following accounts from the drop-down menus:
Account for Inventory Assets: Inventory Asset
- If the user wants to sync Inventory based on purchase then you need to click the check box ” Sync inventory based on purchase “
Account for Purchases: Cost of Goods Sold
- If the user wants to sync the Cost price of each item based on category in the specific chart of account then he needs to check the following trigger “Enable Mapping of Categories with Accounts”
Account for Sales Tax: Taxes & Licenses
- If the user wants to sync the Retail price of each item based on the category in the specific chart of account then he needs to check the following trigger “Enable Mapping of Categories with Accounts”
Tax Class: GST, VAT, etc. (depending upon your business requirements)
Once you make the configuration to sync the items at the time of purchase, it will be applied on the new items once you purchase and receive items and creates goods receiving note.
Note: Please refer to your accounting department to guide you on which accounts are being used for your business and map them accordingly. Please refer to your company's chart of accounts for this purpose.
It is mandatory to select all accounts for the integration to work properly.
Once you have mapped the necessary accounts, click on the Save button.
5. After the integration with QuickBooks has been successfully set up, your invoices will begin syncing automatically. Under Manage Invoices, you can also see the sync status of your RepairDesk invoices. The following statuses will be visible:
Completed: Invoices has been successfully synced with QuickBooks.
In Queue: Invoices have been lined up in the queue for syncing.
Pending: These invoices have not yet been sent to the queue for syncing.
9. You can search for specific invoices based on their syncing status with QuickBooks. Use the Search Filter feature on the Manage Invoices page and select any status from the drop-down menu, and click Search.
10. To sync a particular invoice, click on the Action button next to the invoice, and select the Sync with QuickBooks option from the drop-down menu.
11. To sync invoices in bulk, select the invoices using the checkboxes on the left to mark them for selection. Once you've selected the invoices you need, click on the Action button on the top-right corner and select the Sync with QuickBooks option from the drop-down menu.
A. QuickBooks can process 200 requests per minute, whether they are customer, inventory or invoice requests. If you are syncing a large amount of data for your inventory, customers or invoices, QuickBooks will take some time to sync them.
Q. How are inventory items and customers synced with QuickBooks?
A. Our QuickBooks integration with RepairDesk primarily syncs based on your invoices. When an invoice is synced with QuickBooks, the integration checks if the customer or inventory item already exists in QuickBooks. If it doesn't exist, it is then added to QuickBooks.
Q. Can I add two different customers with the same name?
A. Yes. Customers with the same names can be added to QuickBooks no problem. However, in order to differentiate these two customers, their Customer ID in RepairDesk will be added after their name, so that they can be distinguished easily and the system doesn't mix them up.
Q. Can I add a line item discount?
A. Our integration with QuickBooks considers overall discount instead of line item discounts. If the items in your invoices have line item discounts, the integration is smart enough to add these line items under a separate line item called Discount with a negative sum, so that your amounts are not affected and the discount is accounted properly.
Q. Can I add multiple tax classes for different items in an invoice?
A. In RepairDesk, you can select different tax classes for different invoices while creating an invoice. However, while using the QuickBooks integration, only a single tax class should be applied throughout the invoice. The integration will detect if a tax class is applied or not. We strongly advise that you use the same tax class for all items in such invoices.
Q. Does this integration works with Quickbooks Basic?
A. At present, our integration works only with Quickbooks Plus.
A. No, those invoices which are refunded are not synced with QuickBooks, for that you need to manage them manually.