Goods Received Notes (GRN) in Repairdesk allow you to efficiently track and manage your inventory when receiving goods against purchase orders. With GRN, you can accept partial or full inventory and create serialized inventory for better tracking and cost allocation. This knowledgebase article will guide you through the process of creating a GRN in Repairdesk.
1. How to Create a GRN
There are multiple ways to create a GRN in Repairdesk:
Method 1: Using the Purchase Order Section
- Go to Inventory and click Purchase Order.
2. View all the listed Purchase Orders.
3. Click on the Action button against a Purchase Order.
Select the option to Create GRN.
GRN will be created.
Method 2: From the Purchase Order Status
- Go to the Purchase Order section.
- Click on the PO status.
- A dropdown menu will appear.
- Select Received from the options.
5. A pop-up window will open asking you to confirm the creation of a GRN.
6. Click on Confirm to proceed.
The GRN will be automatically created with the populated PO number.
Method 3: Directly from the Goods Received Notes Section
- Go to Inventory and click Goods Received Notes.
- You will see a list of all created GRNs.
Click on the New GRN button at the top to create a new GRN.
A new input form will appear;
- PO Reference Number: This field is used to enter the purchase order number that the goods were received against. This helps to track the goods back to the original order and to ensure that all of the goods that were ordered were actually received.
- Receiving Date: This field is used to enter the date on which the goods were received. This helps to track the inventory and to ensure that the goods are not older than their shelf life.
- Received By: This field is used to enter the name of the person who received the goods. This helps to track who is responsible for the goods and to ensure that they are properly accounted for.
- Notes: This field is used to enter any additional notes about the goods that were received. This could include things like the condition of the goods, any discrepancies between the order and the delivery, or any other relevant information.
- Supplier: This field is used to enter the name of the supplier who provided the goods. This helps to track the source of the goods and to ensure that they are of good quality.
- Search Inventory Items: This field is used to search for inventory items that are already in the RepairDesk system. This can be helpful if you are receiving a partial shipment of goods and you need to find the corresponding inventory items.
2. Creating Serialized Inventory
To create serialized inventory for the received goods, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Create Serials link beneath the Received Quantity field.
2. Enter the starting and ending numbers based on the number of items received (e.g., if you received 10 items, start with 1 and end with 10).
3. Printing and Exporting the GRN
To print or export the GRN as a PDF file, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Action button located at the top left corner of the GRN.
2. Select either Print , Print Bar Code or Export as PDF from the options.
4. Updating Purchase Order and Inventory
Creating a GRN not only updates the Purchase Order but also updates the inventory. To verify this update, follow these steps:
1. Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory > Products.
2. Search for the specific item that has been received.
3. View the item and scroll down to the Admin History section at the bottom.
4. You will see the inventory update against the respective PO and GRN with clickable links to open the corresponding GRN and PO.
5. Benefits of GRN in Repairdesk
Following are the benefits of GRN
- Improved inventory management: GRNs can help you to track your inventory more effectively by providing a record of all of the goods that you have received. This can help you to avoid stockouts and to ensure that you are always ordering the right amount of goods.
- Reduced fraud: GRNs can help to reduce fraud by providing a way to track the movement of goods. This can help you to ensure that goods are not being received without being properly accounted for.
- Improved customer service: GRNs can help you to provide better customer service by providing a way to track the status of orders. This can help you to keep your customers informed about the status of their orders and to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Compliance: GRNs can help you to comply with government regulations by providing a record of all of the goods that you have received.