General

1. Add Multiple Searchable Part Number to inventory items.

Many manufacterers have their own part numbers, and often times they will update part numbers if a newer version of the same part changes. Often times this results in us accidentally adding the same part to our inventory under a different part number. OR we may not realize a part is in stock because it is under a different part number in our system.

FOR EXAMPLE

Dell has over 8 P/N for the same 45W Charger such as JHJX0 312-1307 3RG0T PA-1450-66D1 LA45NM121 JT9DM FA45NE1-00 LA45NM131 450-18463 PM-1M10 RFRWK 44PV8 0285k HA45NM140 00285k 70vtc 070vtc kxttw 0kxttw ytfjc 0ytfjc

These…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Step by step guide in checklist form on repair tickets

For example
    PC Software Tune/clean
    1- run malware scan
    2- run ad ware remover
    3- clean logs
    4- wipe down Pc
    this would be great for helping remind new staff or showing customers what exactly was done ,
    our admin staff will then be able to see exactly how fair through a repair the tech is at a glance

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Edit Expenses!

Ok so I love being able to track expenses but we need to be able to have the option to edit an expense after it is “posted”! I have had a few now that get changed or a mistake has been mad but the expense has already been posted. Frustrating you can not edit!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Popup notification when trade in phone was sold to remind updating the ads if posted online

Remind us if ever we have updated the ads to remove from online selling platform such as ebay, square, shopify, craiglist, kijiji if we need to delete it once it get sold in store.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Auto generate invoice once ticket is marked as Repaired

Auto generate invoice once ticket is marked as Repaired, to help keep track of all money owed on completed jobs

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Browser Tab Titles

OK, so this is my first suggestion and I will admit it is a pretty minor one. With that said, I think attention to detail and the little things make a big difference in overall user experience.

Over the course of a day, it is not uncommon for me to have several different browser tabs open. Ticket List, POS, Inventory List, various tickets, etc.

Unfortunately, the syntax for the Browser Tab Titles is inconsistent making it difficult to distinguish between tabs. Some titles are fine using the following structure:

[Business Name] - [Page Title]
    ex. YZF Tech Repairs - POS

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Being able to send estimates via SMS

it would be nice to send estimates via SMS in case the customer doesn't have or provide a valid email address.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Able to see leads on the mobile app

I would like to see the app improved more. Specifically by adding the feature of leads or estimates into the mobile app. Being a mobile guy on the move and not having a laptop with me during that time. I would like to be able to make better time by doing it on the app or ipad instead of logging in onto the desktop. Then being able to convert it to a ticket all within the mobile app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add alternate customer phone# to Ticket Label

Often we have a customer who dropped off a phone that needs to be called and updated on a different number than the one we are working on. The ticket label editor does not currently allow an alternate phone number to be added to the ticket label. Consequently we are using the diagnostic notes section to serve this purpose but in our workflow and customer intake we would much prefer to get this info in the customer details and not on the diagnostic section of the repair.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable the possibility to determine the cost of a service.

We usually send some devices to third-party providers. For example for motherboard repairs. It would be nice to determine those services

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Repair Shop Live Chat

Hello,

I would like to introduce an idea. A Live chat that can be accessed through multiple repair locations or with in the staff in one location. So that staff can communicate with other staff or if one has a question about a repair it can be asked. or other day to day work with out having to go from one side of the store to the other.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Simple "Contact Us" Lead Form Website Widget

I would like it if I can have a simple contact form that can be intergrated into my website where you can just get their main contact information.

Name:
    Phone Number:
    Email:
    Phone Issue: (Dropdown)
    Phone Model:

Just enough where the client can fill it out quick and submit instead of having to fill out a long form.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. battery replacement recommendation

a way to notify customers it is time to replace their battery

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow manual placement of devices on the POS

As of now devices are organized alphabetically or numerically on the Point Of Sale page during the ticket creation process.

This is a small issue but can slow down the check-in process because techs cannot quickly click on common devices without typing in the model. It is yet another optimization RepairDesk can do to improve efficiency for us.

Examples of issue:
    iPhone 11 comes before iPhone 6 - not in correct order
    Xbox 360 comes before Xbox Original - not in order
    Galaxy S series is now below A series and J Series - should be on top

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a special part is RMA or removed from a job, it should remove the part cost from the job as well.

It is important that if a special ordered part is sent back, canceled, or otherwise removed from a ticket, it's associated part cost should also be removed from the ticket and invoice.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spread Freight/Fees on item cost on a PO/GRN

In Canada (and I'm sure other countries as well), it is very important to account for freight, exchange, duties, and other fees when receiving a shipment. If I make an order from the USA and the total of the goods cost $300USD + shipping for 10 items, in reality it ends up being about $485 CAD landed. If I receive the items in my system at a cost of $30, it's not a true representation of their landed cost.

In other systems, you can enter the freight/exchange in a field, and the system will automatically split that and add it…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Trade-In Module Update

Under the trade-in module the retail price and cost price should be on the same tab as the product info. It is inconvenient, easy to miss and to me it seems unnecessary. All of the relevant information should be on one tab. Also it's annoying that the item name basically repeats itself because when you add the manufacturer and device name they are usually the same as what you would name the item. This is what my item name looks like for example "Apple iPhone 6s Plus, 16GB Rose Gold (Cracked Glass) iPhone 6s Plus". Unfortunately I am required to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open Cash Drawer Button

The cash drawer is connected to the receipt printer. In other POS you can trigger a small printout to trigger a till open. As it stands we need to print a full receipt to open it. It needs to be opened more often for change, etc.

The button could be added to the POS page or run with a keyboard shortcut.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sync Repair Desk features with Shopify!

Shopify is one of the biggest leading website platforms for businesses and has all the necessary features to sync with RepairDesk inventory very easily. So a Shopify integration would be fantastic!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Portable Bluetooth thermal printer

Im a mobile guy and i do not have a thermal printer to carry around that i can print receipts off with. i do not know if its already done or anything but i think having the option to have that for the mobile techs will be awesome.
    Something alone this line is what I'm asking for.

https://www.amazon.com/Meihengtong-Handheld-Bluetooth-Rechargeable-Compatible/dp/B07R39G4WZ/ref=sr13?dchild=1&keywords=milestone+bluetooth+printer&qid=1604528618&sr=8-3

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base