To avoid such unpleasant scenarios and to correctly record pre-repair and post-repair device conditions, RepairDesk has launched a feature which makes it compulsory for technicians to add pre-repair or post-repair conditions for a device. These conditions will also appear on the invoice and will clarify things both for you and your customer.
How to set this up?
To make it mandatory to enter pre-repair and post-repair conditions:
1. Head to Settings.
2. Click on Module Configuration.
3. On the left side, select Repairs tab from the options.
4. To make it mandatory to enter pre-repair device condition, enable the trigger labeled: "An employee must test pre-repair device condition before booking a repair job."
5. To make it compulsory to add post-repair device condition, enable the trigger titled: "Admin/User must test post-repair device condition before completing a repair job."
6. Click on Save button to implement changes.
Now if a technician proceeds to book a repair job without entering pre-repair device condition, he will be not be able to proceed until he enters pre-repair device condition. Confirm button will be disabled until user enters pre-repair device condition and will not be able to proceed to checkout or create repair ticket.
Similarly, if post-repair device condition are enabled to be mandatory, user will be notified to add them while updating a ticket status.