Let us show you how to utilize Inventory Count functionality.
1. Go to Inventory >> Inventory Count.
2. On the main page of Inventory Count all counts are listed. those counts with status set as Paused represent those inventory counts which have are in process and have been paused by the user so that it can be resumed later. Those with status set as Counted represent those inventory counts which have been completed.
3. You can click on Search Filter to sort out Inventory counts on the basis of following fields:
ID - Item ID
Store - Filtering Inventory Count on the basis of Store Locations
Employee - Employee who counted the inventory
Item Name - Filtering inventory count on the basis of item name
Status - Listing inventory counts on the basis of their status; Paused or Counted
From Date: List all inventory counts starting from a specific date
To Date - List all inventory counts till a particular date.
4. Click on button to start a new inventory count. Now we have added a functionality where we can count multiple items at once.
Employee and count name are for the record purpose, where as other filter are to narrow down search. After adding category manufacture and device click on Add to inventory Count List
After clicking Add to inventory count list a list of items along with their quantity in the system will be displayed in Expected Field.
In counted Field quantity will be same as expected but counted Field is editable. If the counted quantity is same as expected then there is no need change counted quantity, but if counted is more or less then you can add real time quantity in counted Field.
5. If you want count to count one item then you can use this count functionality.
Select item, or scan code. add its counted quantity and press count.
*You can either count items one by one as done earlier. Or using multiple item , count multiple items. E.g. if you add items by multiple item select functionality in count and then add a count of individual item ,by simple count, it will add to the total counted amount.*
6.You can also Print multiple items and can print in order to physically/ manually count the .And then update later.
7. Expected will show the stock quantity as recorded in the system. Counted will represent stock items that were actually counted. If Counted is less than Expected than this means that stock for that item is short of expected inventory level and might be misplaced or unrecorded.
8. Click on Pause Count to put inventory count on hold. If paused, inventory count can be resumed from the point where it was put on hold.
9. Click on Proceed to Review once you're done with counting inventory items. It will summarize the findings informing you if an item's stock level is equal to expected levels or if there is some variance. In case of shortage, it will also show the cost incurred due to loss of these inventory items.
10. Enable the trigger "Update Inventory Level" to update inventory stock levels and click on Save. Stock quantity will be updated and its level will be now equal to the counted quantity.
Q. How can I download the Inventory Count?
A. Click on the action button next to a completed Inventory Count and select Export as PDF or Export as CSV to download the Inventory Count in PDF or CSV formats.
Q. Why I cannot delete or update a Counted inventory count whereas I can delete or update a Paused inventory count?
A. Paused Inventory Count can be updated and deleted because it is still in process and is incomplete.. However, those inventory counts which have the status of Counted have been completed and cannot be deleted or updated. These can only be viewed as these counts are completed in order to stop already finished inventory count from being tampered or manipulated and its record can be referred back to in the future.
Q. Can I print the sheet of inventory count?
A. yes there is an option to multi-select the data and print. And you can use this sheet for a manual count of inventory items.
Q. How can I count serialized inventory using the inventory count module?
A. Yes you can count serialized inventory using RepairDesk inventory count module, you need to follow these simple steps, Goto to settings =>Module configuration => Inventory Count Tab
once you enable this trigger, you will be able to count serialized inventory. and if you don't count serials then they will be marked as lost and can not be used in sales transactions.
Once you add serialized items for a count there is the option to count serials, you can either manually count them or scan barcodes for serials in order to count them.
After you click count serials a pop will display, the rough which you can count serials. if there is any uncounted serial it will be marked as lost.
Counted serials will be shown on the right side of the popup.
Note: If user doesn't count serials then they will be marked as Lost.
Q.From where I can see lost serials?
A. you can view specific serials from manage inventory which are marked as lost.