1. Updated Cash Register Module
2. Setting up Cash Registers
- Go to Store settings and select "Cash Registers."
- Enable the Cash Register module if it's not already enabled.
- To create a new register, click on the green "Cash Register" button and enter the required fields, then click on 'Save Cash Register'.
- On the POS screen, select the register on which you wish to start the shift.
- Click on the "Start Shift" button against the register to log your transactions.
3. Setting up a Cash Drawer / Till
- Click on "Cash Drawer" in the Cash Register settings.
- Configure the cash drawer settings based on currency, value, and positions in the cash drawer to keep all currency.
- Default cash drawer settings are available in $ currency, but you can edit them based on your own currency and cash drawer setup.
4. Setting up Configurations and Notifications
- Click on the "Configurations" tab in Cash Register settings.
- Configure the settings to make the start and end shift options mandatory if desired.
- Enable the option to automatically close the shift register at a specific time.
- Set up SMS/Email reminders for employees using the Notification settings.
- Would you like to hide over / short balance on closing register?
- Would you like to make start/join shift mandatory?
- Would you like to make end shift mandatory?
- Would you like to display balance in the cash register? (USD)
- Would you like to automatically close the shift register?
- Would you like to use online cash register to log online payments?
5. Updated Register Shift Functionality
- Click on the "Edit" or "Create" button for the register shift.
- Ensure employee selection is mandatory when creating a register.
- Save the settings with the updated functionality.
- After saving, the names of employees will be shown against the registers.
- To update or create a cash register, close all running shifts first.
Q. Can I start a new shift after joining a shift?
A. Yes! After joining the shift, click on the Start Shift button and you will be shown the following pop up stating that your joined shift will be left once you start a new shift.
Q. Can I use the Cash In / Out module without the register shift functionality?
A. Absolutely! You can now use the cash in / out module without using the cash register. Simply click on the Cash In / Out button and enter the amount you want to take out or put in the system.
Q. Can I enter expenses without starting the register shift?
A. Certainly! You can enter the expense without using the shift functionality. You can also enter the expense in the back date which will be shown on the Expense Report as well.
Q. Where can I keep track of all the cash register activities?