⚡How to Manage New Handsets and Sell them on RepairDesk
RepairDesk offers a very efficient way to manage the inventory of your handsets and sell them to a customer. Handsets are one of those items for which you would always need to keep a track record, like which of the handsets are sold, refunded, or in warranty. They are not ordinary inventory items, like a whole bunch of mobile covers all having only one function - protect the phone and please the aesthetics. Handsets have specific IMEIs, technology specifications, and they are a lot more expensive.
Let's explore how to efficiently manage the inventory of your new handsets and sell them through RepairDesk.
Effectively Managing Handsets in your Inventory
- Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory.
- Against Products, click ().
- Select Serialized Item.
In case you need to know about Serialized Inventory, check out
- Enter the Item Name for the handset.
- Search for the appropriate Item Category.
In case, your desired Item Category doesn't exist, press Enter on the keyboard and it will be created. See the detailed steps here.
- From dropdown, select the Item Category.
- Search and select the appropriate Manufacturer.
In case, your desired Manufacturer doesn't exist, press Enter on the keyboard and it will be created. See the detailed steps here.
- Search and select the appropriate Device Model.
In case, your desired Device Model doesn't exist, press Enter on the keyboard and it will be created. See the detailed steps here.
- [OPTIONAL] Enter the Short Description for the handset.
- [OPTOINAL] Under the Upload Picture, click Upload to select a picture for handset using the file explorer.
- [OPTIONAL] Click Add More Info to display more options.
- [OPTIONAL] Specify the details as needed and scroll down.
- Specify the Stock, Tax and Pricing details as needed.
To learn how to specify these options, check out this
- Click Save Item.
- Scroll down to see Manage Serialized Inventory section.
- Click Create Serial.
- Scan the handset barcodes or, under the Method 3, enter serials manually.
- Click Save.
The serials are created and displayed under the Manage Serialized Inventory section.
- [OPTIONAL] To update the serialized items individually:
- Corresponding to the item you need to edit, click Action and then Update.
Here you can options like update color, condition, and warranty of the serialized item.
- Make changes as needed.
- Click Update.
- Click Save Item.
In case you are looking for more information on adding an inventory item in general, check out
case you are looking for more information on creating serialized inventory, see
Selling the Handset through RepairDesk POS
- From the menu options at the top, click Point of Sale.
- Click Products.
- Search for the handset.
This will update the products grid while you type.
- Click the handset from the grid below.
This will add the handset to the cart at the left-hand side of the page.
- Under the cart, select a serial for the handset.
- Select a handset serial that you need to sell.
- Click Save Serials.
- Click Checkout.
- Proceed with the payment as needed and you are done.