Let's suppose a customer is standing at the counter and you want to quickly print the receipt or estimate without making the customer wait. Wouldn't it be nice if the ticket, invoice, and estimate print automatically without clicking the print option and you can hand it over to the customer within seconds?
Our Google Cloud Print has been serving his purpose for a few years, but it can take a while (several seconds or even minutes) for the job to get ready and actually print. To make the printing process faster and easier, we have come up with direct print integration support, where any of your connected printers can print the receipt or invoice in a matter of seconds. All you need to do is to set it up properly and you are good to go.
Steps to set up
To set up the printer, perform the series of simple steps as explained below
1. Head to Module Configurations --> Hardware settings --> Direct Print Support
2. To enable direct print support, simply hit Yes against option to print directly.
3. You will have to download and install the Rongta printer driver to make direct print integration work Click on Click Here button and you will get the pop-up from where you can download and install printer drivers.
You can select the required option depending on your system i.e. whether you want to download it for windows, mac or linux/unix.
4. Next you have to install the printer driver first before installing the printer software. As you select the required system software, you will get the following pop-up where you can select the printer driver to download.
On hitting download, you will get the link to safe driver as shown below
5. Hit Save File button and driver will be saved successfully in your system. Click on Run to install the driver to your system
6. Next step is to Sync all existing printers that are on the same network by hitting Sync Printers button
By hitting Click Here, all existing printers will be synced automatically and listed under manage printers section as shown above.
By clicking on Manage Printers, you will be directed to following screen where you can set up the Rongta series printer
There you can select the printer type, map printer with hardware, set interface type and paper size. Moreover you can set when do you want to get direct prints from that printer and cash drawer settings.
Once the printer is setup and ready to use, whenever a repair ticket , estimate or invoice is created, it will be printed automatically depending upon the printer settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I uninstall printer?
A. Please note that printer will not be uninstalled directly from windows or from control panel. To uninstall the printer, you need to perform following steps
1. Press Windows key and r key together and type services.msc and hit enter
2. You will get the following pop-up after hitting enter from where you need to select Print Spooler --> right click --> hit stop.
3. Then head to C drive on windows --> Printers --> System 32 --> Select Spool --> Printers and you will see no printer exists in this folder.
Q. Is there any option to test if the printer is connected successfully?
A. From control panel --> head to Printers and Scanner and click on your desired printer. Click on Manage and there you will get an option to test the printer.
Q. How can I install the printer on Mac OS?
Installing the driver
Under Mac OS, double-click the installation icon and you will get the following window.
Click Continue and you will be directed to the following window
By clicking Install, the driver will be installed by default path. To change the install location, please click "Change Install Location" to select the location.
You will be required to enter the user name and password and click on Install Software to continue. You will get the success message.
Installing the USB printer
When the driver is installed successfully, the next step is to successfully install the printer
1. Head to System Preferences and open the window
2. Select Printers and Scanners
3. Click on the + icon as shown above
4. Select USB Receipt Printer and you can rename it as per your requirements. In the use field, select software as given in the screen above. Select Rongta Printer 80 and click OK.
Click Add And USB Printer will be added.
Installing the Ethernet Printer
1. Head to System Preferences and open the window
2. Select Printers and Scanners. Click on the + icon from this screen
3. Select IP and you will get the following screen
Enter the IP Address of the printer and change the protocol to HP Jetdirect Socket
4. Select Use and change it to Select Software
Select Rongta Printer 80 and hit OK.
Click Add and printer will be added successfully.
Checking the Printer
To check if the printer is connected successfully, you need to perform the following steps
1. Please open the Note and add anything to it.
2. Click File and select Print
Select printer that is connected and enter correct paper size.
Select Print Features and click Print. Content will be printer successfully.