1. Franchise Setup
2. Profit Margin Setup
3. Tax Setup
- Default Tax Class: The tax class that will be applied to all sales and purchases by default. You can create and manage tax classes in the Taxes section of the Store Settings page.
- Tax Percentage: The tax percentage that will be applied to all sales and purchases.
- Do you want to include tax in prices? Whether or not tax should be included in the prices of products and services.
- Do you want to include tax in the cost price, when transferring inventory? Whether or not tax should be included in the cost price of products when they are transferred between your company and your franchises.
4. Franchise Fee Setup
- Store Name: The name of the franchise.
- Franchise Fee In %: The percentage of the franchise fee.
- Calculation Criteria: The criteria that will be used to calculate the franchise fee. You can choose to calculate the franchise fee based on the franchise's net profit, revenue, or a custom formula.
- Edit: Click this button to edit the franchise fee setup for the selected franchise.
- Delete: Click this button to delete the franchise fee setup for the selected franchise.
- Add line item: Click this button to add a new line item to the franchise fee setup for the selected franchise.
Q. Can I set up Inter company invoicing for other stores and franchises?
A. No! Currently the Inter company invoicing and profit margin set up is only available for the main store (default store). The questions about Inter company invoicing, profit margin and tax set up will not be shown on other stores and franchises.
Q. What will happen if I enable Inter company invoicing, but the profit margin is disabled?
A. If you enable the Inter company invoicing (only), then the changes will take place on the Transfer order page and Manage Invoices section.
Q. Can I create more than one price list for a single store?
A. No. You cannot create more than one price list for a single store. When creating a new price list, you will not be shown that store against which the price list is already created.
Q. Can I have the same name for all my price lists?
A. No. The price list name must be unique in order to avoid confusion.
Q. Can my employees access the Franchise Management settings?
A. Currently, only the admin of the main store will be able to access this feature.
Q. Can I change the Tax percentage for the Default Tax Class in the Tax Set up tab?
A. No. The tax percentage can only be changed from the Tax Configuration module. You cannot change it from here, since it is a static field.
Q. What impact will the Tax settings have on the Transfer order? What if I don’t set up the tax settings at all?
A. These tax settings will override the tax settings of the individual inventory items. If the tax settings is disabled, then the calculations will work on the basis of Global tax settings from Store settings. In this case, the individual item’s tax class will have precedence over the global settings. However, if the tax settings for inter company invoicing are enabled, then these changes will work as global settings on the Transfer order calculations and in this case the individual item’s tax class will not have precedence.The detailed explanation for the Transfer order calculations is given in this article.