1. How to Create an Estimate
1.1 Creation of the Estimate from Manage Estimates:
- Go to the 'Repairs' section in RepairDesk and click on 'Manage Estimates' or click on the "+" button to create an estimate.
- Click on create estimate on the top.
- Enter relevant data in the fields;
- Details of the fields are as followed;
- Estimate ID: You can edit the estimate id by clicking on pen icon in front of default estimate id.
- Customer: You can search for pre added customer or add a new customer by clicking on 'New' button. You can also add notes by clicking 'Notes' button.
- Created Date: This is the date that the order was placed.
- Due Date: This is the date that the order is due.
- P.O/S.O: This is the purchase order or sales order number for the order.
- SLOAGN: This is the service level agreement number for the order.
- FOOTER: This is the footer of the invoice, which typically includes contact information, payment terms, and other legal information.
- Terms & Conditions: These are the terms and conditions of the invoice, which typically outline the payment terms, warranty information, and other legal information.
1.2 Creating an Estimate from POS:
- Go to the Point of Sale (POS) screen.
- Select the Manufacturer, Device, Problem, Part, and enter Details, similar to creating a repair ticket.
- Click on the Make Estimate button on the POS screen.
- Perform any additional actions needed on the estimate.
- Once created, the estimate will be sent to the customer for approval.
1.3 Viewing Estimate from POS:
2. How to Send an Estimate Email to the Customer Manually?
3. How Customer Portal Works for Estimates
Frequently Asked Questions
A. You can add the internal notes in estimates for your employees as you add them in the ticket section. What you need to do is, you have to go to the estimates section and you have to create a new estimate.
Note: You can also add the internal notes on already existing estimates
Manage estimates > Create estimates or update estimates
After adding the internal notes, you can view them or edit them by clicking on the estimates from the listing.
After selecting the estimate from the listing page, you can see the added internal notes under the private comments tab at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to restrict your employees from changing the internal notes, you can also do that.
In order to restrict your employee from changing the internal notes, you have to disable the permission against your employees by going to the roles and permission section.
Settings > Employees > Manage Roles and permission > Estimation > Change internal notes
After disabling the permission, your employee wouldn’t be able to edit the internal notes.
Q. Can I make customer approval mandatory?
A. Yes, you can enable a trigger from module configuration >> estimates. Based on that trigger customer approval will be made mandatory.
Q. How can I add a signature while approving estimates?
A. Yes, you can add a signature while approving estimates by enabling the trigger from module configuration >> estimates.
A. You can not directly create an invoice from an estimate. To create an invoice, first convert the estimate to repair ticket. Then you can create an invoice against a repair ticket.
Q. Can I create estimates for Trade-In items and accessories?
A. Definitely! The same procedure is applicable to create estimates for Trade-In and Casual Items. You can also convert this estimate for these items as a repair ticket.
A. NO, if customer approval is marked as mandatory then the employee can not approve the estimate. Only customers will be allowed to approve that estimate.
Q. Can I create an estimate from the lead section?
A. Definitely! You can create an estimate from a lead. You can also email the estimate to customer directly from lead and download as a PDF as well.
To do this, simply open a lead. Click on Email to email estimate to the customer. Click on Download Estimate to save a copy of the estimate as PDF file on your system.
To know more, please click here.
Q. Is there any option through which I can manually change the estimate status?
Q. Is there any option to create estimate form tickets?
A. Yes you can create an estimate from a ticket but with the following limitaion.
1.if any invoice is attached to a ticket then the user will not be able to create its estimate.
The following are the steps to create estimates from tickets.
A. It depends on your choice, once you update the estimate system give you the option to send an estimate or proceed without customer approval.
A. Yes you can disable this option by store settings=>module configuration=> Tickets