Repair Desk *Refund Feature* allows you to refund a transaction, and also allows you to generate a new "Refund Invoice". The refund invoice is the same as the original invoice, but shows a negative quantity.
1. On iPad click on View Invoices and find the invoice you would like to refund.
2. From Filter icon, click the status tab and select Paid .
Note: Refund option will appear for Paid invoices only.
3. All the paid invoices will appear with the option of offering a Refund.
4. Now select the invoice you would like to refund and swipe left. It will show the option of Refund. In this case, we have selected the first invoice from the screen.
5. Click on Refund.
6. Select payment amount and press Complete Payment to complete the refund process.
7. Click on an item, if you want to change the refund quantity or amount. Upon clicking an item, it will take you to a new pop-up where you can click on a previously given refund to increase or decrease the quantity and amount of the refund.
7.Select payment amount and press Complete Payment to complete the refund process.
Note: RepairDesk doesn't have a specific exchange module, but you can use the refund feature for this purpose.
Q. How can we exchange an item in RepairDesk using iPad?
Answer. There is a simple process to exchange any device or item in RepairDesk.
Just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to Invoices and create Refund Transaction for the item you want to exchange.
2. In order to exchange the device/ item, add the exchanged device or item in the transaction. The system will tell you what the remaining balance is.
For further clarification, please refer to the screenshot below:
Q. Can I give a partial refund?
Answer: Yes, you can give a partial refund. You can decrease the Refund quantity and amount.
Q. Can I decrease the quantity while offering a refund?
Answer: Yes, you can decrease the quantity. e.g. previously the invoice was made for 3 items and the customer wants to refund 1 item out of 3, now by the refund functionality you can refund only one item.
Q. Can I decrease the amount of refund for every item individually?
Answer: Yes, you can also change the amount for every individual item. However, this amount cannot exceed the invoice amount for that item.
Q. What is the effect of the decreased amount on overall reports?
Answer: When you decrease the amount while offering a refund the retail price and reports are updated accordingly.
Q. Can I refund an invoice which is already partially refunded?
Answer: Yes, you can refund that invoice which is already partially refunded. The invoice will contain the remaining quantity after partial refund.
Q. Can we refund through PayPal Here, Square or Stripe?
Answer: Currently this functionality is not available, but we are working towards it.